Patternmaker Computer (Style CAD) Ready to Wear Women’s Fashion
- Full time
- Sydney, NSW View on Map
Career Level Executive
Experience 8 Years +
- Previous experience with Style CAD pattern making, or similar system – essential
- 10 years’ experience in womenswear pattern making
- Strong eye for detail and accuracy with a thorough understanding of complex garment construction.
- Continually up-to-date knowledge of luxury garment finishes.
- Be computer literate in Excel and Outlook (essential) and a knowledge of fashion production software such as AP21 (essential)
- Enjoy the challenge of working with original designer fashion garments.
SKILLS & SPECIFICATIONS
- Adhere to design room schedule and timelines.
- Work with design team to achieve sample range completion date.
- Keep room organized and reasonably tidy at all times.
- Work with Junior Garment Techs to ensure adequate stock levels of pattern making consumables (plotter paper, safety pins etc…)
- Support and mentor junior staff, build sound relationships with all Design Room and Studio team members to enhance a healthy design team culture.
- Maintain back up procedures in all work.
Teamwork & Administration
- Prepare sample and specification packs.
- QC samples and follow correct procedures to ensure production are informed clearly on any changes from SMS to PPS, and if required alerting key stakeholders on any changes from PPS to Bulk.
- Responsible for notifying all relevant parties of any change to AP21(design and production).
- Work with in-house cutters and sample machinists to achieve best quality make and most cost-effective method of garment construction.
- Ensure final constructions are suitable for mass production.
- Produce sample markers for cutting as required.
- Consult in-house makers and factories on ways to improve make techniques.
- Development of Runway patterns and samples in accordance of the show direction by the Creative Director and the Senior Design Directors .
- Revert any show patterns back to production standards eg lengths and sizing .
- Show fittings when required on show models and communicated to machinists
- Pattern make all styles on Style CAD system.
- Finalise all patterns on time in line with production schedules.
- Maintain back up procedures.
- Create costing markers and record accurate yields for sampling and bulk production.
- Ensure all patterns passed for grading are complete and correct.
Grading, Yields and Markers
- Regularly update textile, print and surface design team with any changes to pattern for styles that have placement artwork, nested blocks or specific cutting instructions.
- Check final markers for factory instructions on all styles with placement cut at all stages.
- Prioritise all patterns that go through the textiles team for optimal workflow within the design department.
- Making patterns for seasonal collections on the Style CAD system via original drawings or from existing library of patterns as directed by the Creative Director and senior design team.
- Participation in fittings and maintaining notes on all alterations with support from the Junior Garment Tech.
- Perform pattern alterations promptly and accurately after fitting.
- Maintain an accurate history of all garment alterations and comments for reference in Garment Workbook and AP21.
- Perform final production fittings under supervision of Senior Design Directors.
- Create garment specification sheets in AP21 with relevant information for production – ensure all specification sheets are accurate including accessories, trim, yields, and maker instructions.
- Develop styles that are considerate of yield and price point whilst not compromising on design
This role is a creative and technical position our client’s design team working closely with the Senior Design Directors on all RTW. The position works collaboratively with the designers to develop their clothing according to seasonal company range plans and is responsible for the creation of accurate patterns in line with the designer’s vision and according to seasonal design and production schedules. Our pattern makers are expected to always uphold the consistent quality standards.
OBJECTIVE Reports to Design Room ManagerPosition TitlePattern Maker – RTW