Gerber Patternmaker Permanent Part-Time: Sportswear
- Part time
- Melbourne, VIC View on Map
Career Level Officer
Experience 4 Years
Our client is based in the southeastern suburbs and is seeking a Gerber Patternmaker Permanent Part-Time: Sportwear. They provide high quality sportswear uniforms etc.
You will be able to translate new designs into patterns that are graded into children’s women’s and men’s sizes ready for production, in conjunction with a size specification sheet. Maintaining the pattern library whilst updating and altering existing patterns for production.
· Change existing patterns to make improvements to fit and sizing.
· Drafting new patterns in Gerber from design sketches or samples.
· Altering existing patterns for individual customer specific size.
· Checking and saving any patterns emailed back to us from factory against samples/production for accuracy.
· Creating markers when needed for downstairs/local production and usage.
· Tick off patterns against stock when quality issues arise.
· Attend fit sessions to refine patterns to customer’s needs
· Grading new patterns and existing patterns manually without a rule table into children’s, women’s and men’s sizes including plus sizes. Developing new grading standards that are in line with local industry sizing standards.
· Creating new measurement specs by measuring patterns.
· Creating master specs for new patterns including creating/altering B&W sketches in Adobe Illustrator.
· Updating existing measurement specs when changes are made.
· Emailing patterns to factory after converting patterns to correct file format specific to the factory.
· Communicating with factories and internally recording any changes to patterns and measurement specs.
· Plotting new and existing patterns for local sampling.
· Creating markers to translate patterns from Gerber Accumark to Adobe illustrator files that can be read and accessed by the Sublimation area.
· Updating Electronic pattern register with new pattern details including size range available.
· Update Sublimation platform pattern list with updated patterns and updated size ranges.
· Training and assisting cutting room in the use of Accumark Explorer.
· Communicating with Development Team and Sublimation in order to achieve best outcome
· Accumark explorer maintenance- running checks on storage areas to prevent files corrupting.
· Ensuring all workflow priorities are achieved.
We are looking for someone to work either 3-4 days/week, 9-5 OR 5 days/week 10-3. You will have exceptional accuracy and possess a large portfolio of work from Men’s/Women’s and Kid’s wear.
Knowing garment construction and how to make sure marker making is accurate.
An excellent working environment. This position is based in the South East.
Hourly Rate Negotiable for the right person. YOU could have your own system at home for remote working.
Salary $80K+super pro rata.