Senior Garment Machinist: Remote or In Studio
- Casual Freelance Full time
- Melbourne, VIC View on Map
Experience 3 Years
Our client is based in Brunswick. This position is open to someone with hands-on experience in garment manufacturing.
The position will work with the Business Owner/ Creative Director on all operational aspects.
Can be casual, permanent part-time or full time, with the opportunity to continue subject to sustainable business growth. Applicants with the appropriate equipment may wish to work from home.
- Must be detail-oriented
- Must be an excellent team player in a fast-paced
- Ability to set own professional
- Good time management skills and ability to work to
- Excellent communication skills appropriate for the job
- Strong work
- Strong commitment to workplace
Qualifications and experience
- A trade certificate and/or equivalent experience or diploma or degree in a fashion technology/ or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years of commercial experience in garment
- Experience sewing with Lycra fabric
- Work largely independently (including development and executing a work plan to specifications).
- The breadth of skills to make a whole garment to
- Monitor and complete quality and production records relating to own
- Competent in operating the following machinery on a daily basis to construct complex stretch garments in accordance to the T & A (Time and Action plan)
- industrial overlocker – elasticating edges with rubber
- industrial cover stitch – hemming
- industrial zig zag- assembling garments