Senior Garment Technician/Product Developer: Upmarket Men’s wear
- Full time
- Sydney, NSW View on Map
Career Level Executive
Experience 5 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Our client is seeking a very experienced Senior Garment Technician to work on a NEW FASHION MEN’S WEAR LABEL INCORPORATING SUITING AND SPORTSWEAR.
Menswear Experience Essential
Garment Technician/Sampling through to production
I. Specifications, measurements and all tech packs and CAD drawing for the garments for sale in the upcoming season
2. Assisting with all fittings with the designer from prototype and SMS details to production and communicating with factories and agents accordingly.
This also includes all tech packs for all styles and distribution of Production specs accordingly.
3. You will be in charge of all tech packs and communication and follow up with factories on sampling and deliveries. Produce accurate spec sheets including import packs for print, yarn, fabrics, trims, labelling and garments with detailed sketches;
Schedule fit model and fitting times and co-ordinate activities within the design and product development commencing with creation of Style numbers;
- Strict adherence to company Critical Path for each product development project and agreed on deadlines.
2. Setup block library for consistent fits throughout the collection
3. Responsible for all graphic designs including timely delivery and execution of all projects
Participate in Concept Meetings;
Min 3-5 years experience in Photoshop , In Design , Illustrator skills SKILL & ATTRIBUTE CRITERIA
A good eye for colour, pattern, shape and detail;
A can-do attitude
Strong technical knowledge & understanding of garment construction.
Idea Generation – generating a number of different approaches to problems.
Time management, demonstrated ability to meet assigned targets and
Awareness of fashion trends and forecasts.
Advanced skills in software applications Illustrator, Photoshop and In Design
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
Adhere to production and design critical path;
Accurate spec sheets are produced for import packs for print, yarn, fabrics, trims, labelling and garments with detailed sketches;
Adhere to the pre-production sampling process;
Develop skills in designing prints with ongoing innovations;
Ensure designs are progressive and current across all ranges
and divisions; Customer awareness knowledge –
Product design is relevant to sales requirements